Givings at St Paul’s
How and when to donate
Many people choose to tithe their income via the use of weekly givings envelopes. These envelopes are available through the church office and are numbered in order to keep track of your annual offering for income tax purposes. If you would like to get a set of enveloper, please contact the church office and the treasurer will get back to you.
Pre-Authorized Giving Program
As an alternative to weekly offering envelopes, Pre-Authorized Giving (PAG) is a direct debit program that allows people to support their church through an automatic monthly withdrawal from their bank account.
What are the advantages of PAG?
- Your contributions will be made regularly even if you are away on business or vacation.
- You will not have to write a cheque or carry cash each week when you come to church, possibly saving you bank service fees.
- The church will receive your contributions consistently, which will help pay all the bills even in the summer months if you’re away.
- After having been away, you will not be left with that burden of feeling you need to “catch up”.
- It will save time and work for those who count and register the offerings each Sunday.
- Never again will you have the frustration of getting halfway to church and then remembering that you forgot your offering!
- All information provided in your PAG application is confidential and not shared.
Parishioners may wish to include in funeral pre-planning to include request that donations be directed towards their church family. Funds received are typically used for worship related items such as fair linens, Bibles, and hymn books.
Parishioners may also wish to remember a gift to St. Paul’s in their last will and testament. Some late members’ gifts have been left for specific causes; others generate interest which contributes towards the operations of our parish.
If you would like to speak with someone at the church regarding your givings, please be in touch.
News From St Paul’s
Check out our latest blog entries
It’s fall again! Hope the summer was a pleasure for you and your families!
With the advent of September, St Paul’s returns to two services on each Sunday. Join us for a spoken BCP service at 8am or worship at our BAS service at 10:30am with hymns and song. We look forward to welcoming you!
Please note that on July 8 and for all the Sundays in July and August we will be having one service only here in the church building, and these services will all be at 9:30 am.
In September, the typical worship pattern returns with a BCP service at 8am and a BAS service at 10:30am. We look forward to welcoming you!
Sunday, July 1st 2018
Worship at The Church In The Heart Of The Park
On this Sunday we will change our location for worship and all go down to “The Church in the Heart of the Park” for 10:00 am, to show support for this ecumenical and town occasion of worship. This Sunday is Fr Joyce’s ‘turn’ to preach and lead the service in the park. (It is only on July 1 that there will be no services here in our church buildings!)
Once you arrive at the park, follow the signs to find the location for worship.
Please note that on July 8 and for all the Sundays in July and August we will be having one service only here in the church building, and they will all be at 9:30 am.
Get our weekly e-newsletter!
Sign up and stay informed about events and services
‘But who am I, and what is my people, that we should be able to make this freewill-offering? For all things come from you, and of your own have we given you.